Department News and Updates! December 21, 2016
NEWS AND EVENT
- Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season and an amazing 2017!
- Thank you to those who helped make Winter Commencement special: Ed DePeters, Annie King, Matthias Hess, Ermias Kebreab, Mike Miller, and Frank Mitloehner
- Juan Medrano worked with Pat Bailey and a media crew from the University at Goodland Organics Farm in Goleta, Ca filming a story highlighting his genomics work with California coffee.
- Pablo Ross, Huaijun Zhou, & Juan Medrano awarded grant from NIFA-AFRI Foundational Program entitled "High throughput characterization of gene transcript variants by full length single-molecule sequencing to improve farm animal genome annotation”
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Anne Todgham invited to participate in a workshop in Hong Kong addressing issues of ocean acidification and climate change on oyster aquaculture; she presented “Expect the unexpected: Incorporating environmental complexity in multiple stressor research”
Photo Album - December 21, 2016