- Iannotti, L. L., C. K. Lutter, D. A. Bunn, and C. P. Stewart. 2014. Eggs: the uncracked potential for improving maternal and young child nutrition among the world's poor. Nutrition Reviews. Published online May 7 at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nure.12107/abstract.
- Pandit, P. S., D. A. Bunn, S. A. Pande and S. S. Aly. 2013. Modeling highly pathogenic avian influenza transmission in wild birds and poultry in West Bengal, India. Scientific Reports. July 12.
- Bunn, D. A., P. B. Moyle and C. K. Johnson. 2014. Maximizing the ecological contribution of conservation banks. Wildlife Society Bulletin; published online 32(2).
- Bunn, D. A., M. Lubell and C.K. Johnson. 2013. Reforms could boost conservation banking by landowners. California Agriculture 67(2)86-95.
- Bunn, D., D. Beltran-Alcrudo, C. Cardona. 2011. Integrating surveillance and biosecurity activities to achieve efficiences in national avian influenza programs. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 98(4): 292-4.
- Wack R, Hansen E, Small M, Poppenga R, Bunn D, Johnson CK. 2011. Hematology and plasma biochemistry values for the giant garter snake (Thamnophis gigas) and valley garter snake (Thamnophis sertalis fitchi) in the central valley of California. Journal of Wildlife Disease.
- Msoffe, PLM, D. Bunn, A. P. Muhairwa, M. M. A. Mtambo, H. Mwamhehe, A. Msago, M. R. S. Mlozi and Carol J. Cardona. 2010. Preparation for the prevention and control of highly pathogenic avian influenza in rural Tanzania village settings. Avian Disease 54(1 Suppl): 768-71.
- Cardona, C.J., D. Byarugaba, P. Mbuthia, G. Aning, S. Sourou, D.A. Bunn and M.L. Msoffe. 2010. Detection and prevention of highly pathogenic avian influenza in communities with high poultry disease burdens. Avian Disease 42(1 Suppl): 754-6.
- Msoffe, PLM, D. Bunn, A. P. Muhairwa, M. M. A. Mtambo, H. Mwamhehe, A. Msago, M. R. S. Mlozi and Carol J. Cardona. 2009. Implementing poultry vaccination and biosecurity at the village level in Tanzania: a social strategy to promote health in free-range poultry populations. Tropical Animal Health and Production. August 3.
- Beltran-Alcrudo, D., D. Bunn, C. E. Sandrock and C. J. Cardona. 2008. Avian Flu School : A training approach to prepare for H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza. Public Health Reports, Vol. 123.
- Bunn, D., A. Mummert, R. Anderson, K. Gilardi, M. Hoshovsky, S. Shanks and K. Stahle. 2007. California Wildlife: Conservation Challenges, California’s Wildlife Action Plan, Prepared by the UC Davis Wildlife Health Center. California Department of Fish and Game