1131 Meyer Hall Classroom
|Built-in PC: Present||Laptop Ports: Present||VCR Player: Present||Doc Cam: Present||
Webcam: Not Present
The classroom is fitted with an Extron Pole Vault system
The podium, in the front of the room, is fitted with a cable cubby (black box on top towards the back right), where all the cables for a laptop connection are stored. It contains one power outlet, VGA cable, audio cable, and Ethernet cable.
Built-in Desktop Computer
The built-in desktop computer is a Dell Optiplex 7010 Small Form Factor Computer with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (Quad Core, 3.40GHz, 8MB w/HD4000 Graphics), 16 GB RAM, 500 GB of disk space, Dell Professional P2012H Widscreen 20 inch monitor, and 64-bit Windows 7 operating system.
Installed Software: Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit, R Studio, Java, NotePad++, Mozilla Firefox, MS Explorer, Google Chrome.
The podium is fitted with a DVD/VCR player. It is installed on the bottom shelf, behind the front door. The player is a Magnavox DV225MG9 DVD/VCR Combo Player. The remote control is anchored to the player and can be used to operate the player. Please shut off the player after use.
A document camera is a digital overhead projector with a video camera. It projects whatever you have placed on the white space under the camera in real time (it will project both transparencies and plain pieces of paper). It is mounted on a cart next to the podium. The document camera is a WolfVision VZ-8Light4 Desktop Visualizer.
The doc camera is connected to the built-in desktop computer with an USB over CAT5 cable. This allows you to run the document camera from the desktop computer.
The document camera is hard wired to the built-in computer with a CAT5 cable. Run the Connectivity software to access the document camera from the computer. In this mode, your documents will appears in the Connectivity window on your desktop and can be recorded using the Adobe Connect software.
The classroom is fitted two with a ceiling mounted front projector. This is a Mitsubishi WD620U Projector.
Besides the front projector, there is a side projector that projects onto a side screen. This is a Hitachi CP-X1200 Projector.
The front screen is a Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol [Electric] - HDTV - 133", Matte White - 79014 (116 x 65 inch)
Besides the front screen, there is a side screen (Draper Premier) for the side projector.
If your laptop is configured for DHCP, then you should be able to connect to the campus network. Note that you can access the campus network and not the Animal Science domain. There is no active telephone line in the classroom.
Getting Connected for Campus DHCP
LCD Projector Maintenance:
Once a year have the projector fan cleaned out. Lamp life is 3,000 hours.
Projector lamp for Mitsubishi XD600 projector
Part No: Mfg. Part: VLT-XD600LP
Price: $127.50 (as of 3 July 2016)
Replacement Lamp for HITACHI DT00591
Description: Projector lamp for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector
Part No: Mfg. Part: HITACHI DT00591
Price: $219.70(as of 3 July 2016)
Description: Hitachi NJ08081 Air Filter, Hitachi, For Cpx1200
Mfg. Part Number: NJ08081
- November 15, 2012: The new Mitsubishi projector and the old Hitachi projector were installed.
- January 30, 2013: The filter for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is cleaned up and the filter time is reset. The time left for the projector lamp is 554 hours.
- March 25, 2013: A new filter for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is installed and the filter time is reset to zero hours.
- February 11, 2015: The filter for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is cleaned up and the filter time is reset to zero. The lamp for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is replaced and the lamp time is set to zero.
- April 10, 2015: The filter for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is cleaned up and the filter time is reset to zero.
- November 10, 2015: The filter for Hitachi CP-X1200 projector is cleaned up and the filter time is reset to zero.
Abbas Ahmadi, 752-5886, firstname.lastname@example.org