We have a free Skype account for Skype meetings. Our Skype Media Cart provides the audio and video inputs for Skype meetings. Microsoft now allows the Group Call and Screen Sharing for free.
Skype Setup for Room 2154 Meyer
- Connect the Skype cart to the power outlet and to the desktop computer at podium.
- Turn on the projector.
- Log onto the desktop computer with username Presentation and the special password.
- Log onto Skype with username Bradford.ucdavis and the special password.
- Click on the three dots (…) at the top of the Skype screen and select the ’Setting’ option, The following screen appears:
- For the Webcam, select ‘Logitech HD Pro webcam C920’ and turn on the ‘Test Video’ to see the webcam video.
- For the Speaker, select ‘Speakers (High Definition Audio Device’ For the Microphone, select ‘Microphone (3-USB audio CODEC’)
- Click the ‘Test audio’ button. You must hear the speaker. And also the microphone bar should move when you talk into the mic.
- After you are done, click on the three dots at the top of the Skype screen and select the 'Logout' option.
- Shot down the desktop computer gracefully.
- Tie-up the cables of the Skype cart nicely and cleanly. Do not just leave them hanging and messy!