Animal Science Main Office
2251 Meyer Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
(Prospective Student Tours)
1202 Meyer Hall
1249 Meyer Hall
1257 Meyer Hall
Lucydalila Cedillo, Animal Science Major, graduated Spring 2016. She is the recipient of the 2016 University Medal. The University Medal recognizes a graduating senior for excellence in undergraduate studies, outstanding community service and the promise of future scholarship and contributions to society. She has accepted an offer of admission to Harvard University’s Biological and Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. program.
Read her amazing story from growing up in a tough neighborhood to being accepted as a PhD graduate student at Harvard University, one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
- ANS Advising Touch Screen to be highlighted as a successful UCEAP Academic Integration Grant (UC Education Abroad Program) in the UCEAP Alumni Newsletter
- Welcome! Anna Denicol, new Assistant Professor
- Welcome Tina Horback, new Assistant Professor
- Juan Medrano, Angela Canovas & Alma Islas co-authors “Wilson Disease: epigenetic effects of choline supplementation on phenotype and clinical course in a mouse model” in Epigenetics
- Jennifer Chen & Cassandra Tucker author "Technical note: Comparison of instantaneous scan sampling and continuous observation of dairy cattle behavior in freestall housing" in J Dairy Sci
- Juan Medrano & Angela Canovas co-authors “Metabolic Reprogramming Regulates the Proliferative and Inflammatory Phenotype of Adventitial Fibroblasts in Pulmonary Hypertension Through the Transcriptional Co-Repressor C-terminal Binding Protein-1” in Circulation
- Huaijun Zhou attended the USAID Feed the Future Innovation Lab Director meeting and The Power of Global Food Security: Examining Economic & National Security Implications in DC; the meeting also celebrated the bipartisan passage of the Global Food Security Act that ensures future funding for initiatives similar to Feed the Future
- Alison Van Eenennaam gave two presentation at the Allen D. Leman Swine Conference in St. Paul, MN “The GMO debate: Twenty years of animal health and livestock feeding studies”, and “The #Scicomm challenge facing animal agriculture”. She also spoke on “Animal Health and Wellbeing” at the BIO Animal Biotech Summit in Washington DC.
- Frank Mitloehner interviewed by Marketplace on the topic of California’s new greenhouse gas regulations
September 15, 2016
Yani Garcia gave a talk about "Drivers of Profitability and Opportunities for Automation in Pasture Based Dairy Systems in Australia" during the special seminar on Thursday, Sep 15, 2016 from 2:10 pm to 3:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Yani Garcia is a professor at Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Australia. [Video]
September 7, 2016
Christa Darr gave a talk about "Mitochondrial Functionality in Stallion Spermatozoa: Bioenergetics, Physiology and Mitochondrial Genomics" during the noon seminar on Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Christa Darr is a PhD graduate student in Animal Biology Graduate Group at the Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology, University of California Davis, USA. Her Major Professor is Dr. Stuart Meyers. [Video]