Animal Science Main Office
2251 Meyer Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
1202 Meyer Hall
1249 Meyer Hall
1257 Meyer Hall
- Ermias Kebreab & Abbas Ahmadi awarded “Development of ration formulation and enteric methane calculation software for dairy cattle in Vietnam” by USDA Foreign Agricultural Service
- Seunghyung Lee, Silas Hung & Anne Todgham co-author " Effects of feed restriction on the upper temperature tolerance and heat shock response in juvenile green and white sturgeon" in Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A
- CONGRATULATIONS!!! To Huaijun Zhou on winning the 2016 Evonik Degussa Award for Achievement in Poultry Science
- Sarah Adcock received the David Tuber Applied Animal Behavior award from the Animal Behavior Society. Well Done!!
- Trish Berger, Pablo Ross, Russ Hovey, & Clayton Neumeier hosted the UCD International Scholars Group
- Frank Mitloehner presented two talks on greenhouse gases from livestock and on air pollutants from fermented feeds at the “Beef Methane Conference” at the University of Nebraska; his work also picked up on an NPR broadcast
- Francine Bradley taught Game Fowl Health Assurance Continuing Education Classes in Tulare, Lodi, & American Canyon
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “The Current and Future Uses of Biotechnology in Animal Agriculture”, Ensminger University Conference, in Honduras
May 31, 2016
Kristan Reed will give a talk about “Modeling Nutrient Use in Dairy Cattle to Develop Low Nitrogen Dairy Systems” during the noon seminar on Monday May 31, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Reed is a graduate student in Animal Biology Graduate Group at Department of Animal science, University of California Davis.
May 23, 2016
Marla McPherson gave a talk about “Cytogenomic Investigations of Marek's Disease Herpesvirus in Chicken: The Role of Virus‐host Interaction in Vaccine Protection and Genotype Resistance” during the noon seminar on Monday May 23, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. McPherson is a graduate student in Integrative Genetics and Genomics Graduate Group at Department of Animal science, University of California Davis.