Animal Science Main Office
2251 Meyer Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
(Prospective Student Tours)
1202 Meyer Hall
1249 Meyer Hall
1257 Meyer Hall
Carmen Jane Booth attended UC, Davis as an undergraduate from Fall of 1984 until June 1987, and then the School of Veterinary Medicine from Sept 1987 until June 1992.
Her journey began at March Air Force Base in Riverside California where she was born. Her father was in the Air Force. While he was stationed overseas and for a year after he was killed in Vietnam, her mother, sister and she lived on my grandparents’ dairy farm in Brawley, California. It was at the farm where she developed an interest in the herd health of cattle. Later they moved to Orange County. By the time she reached sixth grade, her mind was made up that she wanted to become a veterinarian. She attended High School in Orange County. Around the same time She developed a love for pet rats and in the 1980's joined a new pet rodent club, the American Fancy Rat & Mouse Association (AFRMA)...
- Research on keel bone damage in laying hens led by Maja Makagon was featured in a story published in WaggAgNet.com
- Picnic Day: Thanks to all who made ANS shine!
- Sunday, April 30, lamb sale at sheep unit 12:30 pm preview
- Alison Van Eenennaam authored “Using Genetics to Select Healthier Cattle” in National Cattlemen Spring Directions 2017
- Luis Moraes, Jim Fadel & Matthias Hess co-author on “Resequencing and annotation of the Nostoc punctiforme ATTC 29133 genome: facilitating biofuel and high-value chemical production” in AMB Express
- Russ Hovey & Allen Pettey judged Agriscience research papers and posters at the State FFA Leadership Conference in Fresno
- Maja Makagon gave an invited presentation at the Egg Industry Issues Forum held in Columbus, OH. The meeting was facilitated by the Egg Industry Center
- Holland Dougherty, as winner of their National Scholars award, was invited to write an editorial on her modeling and sustainable agriculture work for the James Beard Foundation’s website
Welcome to the Department of Animal Science
As you will see as you explore our website, our program is vibrant, diverse, and comprehensive with our research and teaching programs covering from the molecule to the ecosystem as it pertains to animals.
Monday April 17, 2017
Brittany Anderton gave a talk about 'Studying the teaching and communication of biotechnology at UC Davis' during the Noon Seminar on Monday, Apr 17, 2017 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room (2154 Meyer Hall). Brittany Anderton is a Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow in the Plant Pathology department at UC Davis, with mentor Pamela Ronald.
Monday April 10, 2017
Zexia Gao gave a talk about 'Development of Intermuscular Bones in Teleosts' during the Noon Seminar on Monday, Apr 10, 2017 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room (2154 Meyer Hall). Zexia Gao is an Associate Professor at College of Fisheries, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China.