Animal Science Main Office
2251 Meyer Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
(Prospective Student Tours)
1202 Meyer Hall
1249 Meyer Hall
1257 Meyer Hall
Carmen Jane Booth attended UC, Davis as an undergraduate from Fall of 1984 until June 1987, and then the School of Veterinary Medicine from Sept 1987 until June 1992.
Her journey began at March Air Force Base in Riverside California where she was born. Her father was in the Air Force. While he was stationed overseas and for a year after he was killed in Vietnam, her mother, sister and she lived on my grandparents’ dairy farm in Brawley, California. It was at the farm where she developed an interest in the herd health of cattle. Later they moved to Orange County. By the time she reached sixth grade, her mind was made up that she wanted to become a veterinarian. She attended High School in Orange County. Around the same time She developed a love for pet rats and in the 1980's joined a new pet rodent club, the American Fancy Rat & Mouse Association (AFRMA)...
Abbas Ahmadi with Rina Pazos Padilla, Ecuador Secretary of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation
TONIGHT HOLIDAY GALA
TOMORROW Winter Commencement
At the 100th Annual Convention of the California Cattlemen’s Association & California Cattlewomen, Inc. Convention two ANS undergraduates were recognized
- for their contributions and involvement in the beef industry: Rebecca Barnett was elected as the 2017 California Young Cattlemen’s Committee Secretary
- (statewide honor) & Hannah Van Duzer was awarded the 2016 California Young Cattlemen’s Committee Member of the Year Award. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Sarah Klopatek (grad with Frank Mitloehner) received a Livestock Memorial Research Fund Scholarship recognizing her research. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Welcome Kyle Wood, new sheep barn facility manager.
- Ermias Kebreab co-authors “Evaluation of greenhouse gas emissions from hog manure application in a Canadian cow–calf production system using whole-farm
- models” in Anim. Prod. Sci.
- Crystal Sundberg, Janelle Belanger-Sandoval, Tom Famula & Anita Oberbauer co-authors of “Gonadectomy effects on the risk of immune disorders in the dog: a
- retrospective study” in BMC Vet Res
- OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Also attending/presenting at the California Cattlemen’s Convention and associated meetings: Jennifer Chen, Anita Oberbauer, Samantha Werth, and Sarah
- Amy McLean attended the 62nd Annual AAEP (American Association of Equine Practitioners) Convention in Orlando, Florida as well as volunteering and
- representing a Equitarian Initiative charity
- Huaijun Zhou gave invited talk on Feed the Future Innovation Lab at One Health and Ecohealth 2016 and a seminar about FAANG Initiative in Agriculture
- Victoria at Melbourne
- Abbas Ahmadi in Quito, Ecuador attending the “International Watershed Technology Conference” and giving a talk about “Mermaid: A New Computer Algorithm
- Applied to the Classification of Shellfish Growing Areas of Virginia, USA. (F. S. Conte, A. Ahmadi)”
- Alison Van Eenennaam filmed an episode for NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen at the Wrangler Feedlot of Cactus Feeders in Tulia, TX for the USDA Bovine
- Respiratory Disease Coordinated Agricultural Project (BRD CAP), presented " Host gene expression response to BVDV and other BRD pathogens" at the Seventh
- U.S. BVDV Symposium in Chicago, IL and " to the Annual Gamma Sigma Delta Fall Banquet in Davis, CA 12/8/2016 on “Food Evolution, GMOs and Health - What Role
- Does Science Have to Play?”
- Frank Mitloehner presented the effects of beta ligands on atmospheric reactive nitrogen at the Elanco HQ in Greenfield, IN.
November 28, 2016
Kim Katleba gave a talk about "5-Alpha-Reductase 2 and Leukocytes during Postnatal Development of the Boar Reproductive Tract" during the Noon seminar on Monday, Nov 28, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Kim Katleba is a Graduate student in the Animal Biology Graduate Group at UCD Department of Animal Science, USA. Exit Seminar. [Video]
November 21, 20166
David Everett gave a talk about "Cal Poly's Dairy Innovation Institute: Opportunities for Research Collaboration" during the Noon seminar on Monday, Nov 21, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room, 2154 Meyer Hall. David Everett is a Leprino Foods Professor of Dairy Science at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, USA. [Video]
November 14, 20166
Peter Green gave a talk about "Air Quality Impacts, Particularly Ozone Formation, from Agriculture" during the Noon seminar on Monday, Nov 14, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Peter Green is a Professional Research Engineer at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA. [Video]