Animal Science Main Office
2251 Meyer Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
1202 Meyer Hall
1249 Meyer Hall
1257 Meyer Hall
Lucydalila Cedillo, Animal Science Major, graduated Spring 2016. She is the recipient of the 2016 University Medal. The University Medal recognizes a graduating senior for excellence in undergraduate studies, outstanding community service and the promise of future scholarship and contributions to society. She has accepted an offer of admission to Harvard University’s Biological and Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. program.
Read her amazing story from growing up in a tough neighborhood to being accepted as a PhD graduate student at Harvard University, one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
- Scenes from Undergrad Commencement
- Frank Mitloehner interviewed for the NPR Marketplace show discussing the story: “What would happen if China put itself on a diet?”
- Cassandra Tucker presented at the International Symposium on Beef Cattle Welfare in Manhattan, Kansas; she highlighted the work of her graduate student, Gabbi Simon: a website providing training for cow-calf health and handling assessment
- Silas Hung gave two invited seminars at the Dipartimento di Medicina Veterinaria, Università degli Studi di Sassari, SASSARI, Italy
- Francine Bradley visited the President of the Canada Branch of WPSA, Dr. Karen Schwean-Lardner & toured the Poultry Research facilities at the Univ of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon
- Cassandra Tucker spoke at the 9th Boehringer Ingelheim Expert Forum on Farm Animal Well Being in Montreal, Quebec about “From the lab to life: taking research findings into the world”
- Frank Mitloehner presented at the Beef Industry Pasture to Plate RDN Tour in Coalinga and at the Zoetis Dairy Leaders Summit in San Diego
- Richard Blatchford presented animal welfare issues of meat birds at the California Poultry Federation's Annual Quality Assurance Program
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on a panel of “The Future of Meat” at the Breakthrough Institute Dialog in Sausalito
May 31, 2016
Kristan Reed gave a talk about “Modeling Nutrient Use in Dairy Cattle to Develop Low Nitrogen Dairy Systems” during the noon seminar on Monday May 31, 2016 from 12:10 pm to 1:00 pm, in Weir Room 2154 Meyer Hall. Reed is a graduate student in Animal Biology Graduate Group at Department of Animal science, University of California Davis.