Question: I have installed the Windows version of the ration formulation program onto the lab computers logging as Administrator. When a student with no Admin privilege logs onto the computer, the feed libraries do not show any feeds and the user can not select any feed from these empty libraries.
Answer: Give the Everyone user the full control of the ration folder by following these steps:
- Log onto the computer as Administrator.
- Run the Windows Explore and locate the folder containing the ration program.
- Right click on this folder. A menu appears.
- Select the "Properties" option from this menu. A dialog box appears.
- Click the "Security" tab. Another dialog box appears.
- Click the "Add" button. Another dialog box appears.
- Type "Everyone" in the slot and click the OK button. You will be back to the previous dialog box.
- Select the "Everyone" entry and give him the "Full Control" privilege.
The folders containing the ration program are listed below:
Aries: C:\Program Files(x86)\UCDAVIS\ARIES2007\
Capricorn: C:\Program Files(x86)\UCDAVIS\CAPRICORN2010\
Pcdairy: C:\Program Files(x86)\UCDAVIS\PCDAIRY2015\
Pcdairy Spanish: C:\Program Files (x86)\UCDAVIS\ESPAÑOL\PCDAIRY2010
Pegasus: C:\Program Files(x86)\UCDAVIS\PEGASUS2007\
Taurus: C:\Program Files(x86)\UCDAVIS\TAURUS2014\
Taurus Vietnamese: C:\Program Files (x86)\UCDAVIS\VIETNAM\TAURUS2014