here to visit Animal Biotechnology web Site.
B.S., (Hons.),Agricultural Science, University of Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia, 1987
M.S., Animal Science, University of California, Davis, CA, 1990
Ph.D., Genetics, University of California, Davis, CA, 1997
The mission of the Animal Genomics and Biotechnology Program is to provide research and education on the use of animal genomics and biotechnology in livestock production systems." The research focus of my lab is the use of DNA-based biotechnologies in beef cattle production.
- 2010 - American Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities, National Award for Excellence in Extension
- 2010 - American Society of Animal Science, Western Section Extension Award
- 2010 - Association for Communication Excellence (ACE) Bronze Award for “Animal Biotechnology” Educational Video Production
- 2009 - University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources “Outstanding New Professional Distinguished Service Award”
- 2009 - University of California, Davis “Academic Federation Award for Excellence in Research”
- 2009 - The Communicator “Award of Distinction” for “Animal Biotechnology” video production
- 2014 - American Society of Animal Science Extension Award
- 2014 - Borlaug CAST Communication Award
Integrating DNA information into beef cattle production systems to provide beef cattle producers with the background information and research-derived data they need to make informed decisions about the use of DNA-technologies in the context of commercial cow-calf operations.
Graduate Group Membership