NEWS & EVENTS
- Thank you to all who participated in Goat Day 2018! Special thanks to Elizabeth Maga, Rachel Conway, Chris Akins, Anita Oberbauer, Ed DePeters, ANS graduate students Maia Laabs and Kathleen Furtado, and ANS undergraduate students, Laura Waters, Amelia Kerautret, Makenzie Hill, Jackson Sawyer, Samantha Allhands, Haley Bartlett and Mitchell Ng.
- Maja Makagon, Richard Blatchford and Tina Horback, along with colleagues from University of Bristol, Iowa State University and Universität Bern have received funding to study the impacts of the rearing environment on keel bone integrity and spatial awareness of laying hens. The research is supported by the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research.
- Pablo Ross, Huaijun Zhou, Juan Medrano and colleagues were awarded USDA-NIFA-AFRI grant entitled "Functional Annotation of the Bovine Genome”.
- Huaijun Zhou, David Bunn and colleagues publish “Transcriptome Analysis in Spleen Reveals Differential Regulation of Response to Newcastle Disease Virus in Two Chicken Lines” in Scientific Reports.
- Trish Berger and Barbara Nitta-Oda publish “Increased testicular estradiol during the neonatal interval reduces Sertoli cell numbers” in Animal Reproduction Science.
- Ermias Kebreab and colleagues publish “Predicting manure volatile solid output of lactating dairy cows” in the Journal of Dairy Science.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “Evaluation of the Offspring of Genome Edited and Control Bulls” at the Plant and Animal Genome Conference in San Diego, CA and on “Biotechnology – Promise and Politics” and “Sustainability and Food Choices – it’s complicated” at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT.
- Staff and faculty attended the California Grain & Feed Association Conference in Monterey, CA.