Major Requirements and Courses
Major Requirement Checklists
Animal Science Advising Center Presentations
- Freshman Orientation 2018 PowerPoint
- Transfer Orientation 2018 PowerPoint
- Veterinary School Application (VMCAS) 2018 PowerPoint
Species Specialization and Lab Options:
Please note: All Species Specialization courses must be approved by Faculty Advisor
Disciplinary Focus Specialization Options (ANS)
Please note: The courses listed for each of the Disciplinary Focus Specialization options are SUGGESTIONS. You will need to have all courses approved by Faculty Adviser. Course offerings are subject to change; check with specific departments to make sure the courses you intend to take are offered.
- Behavior Disciplinary Focus
- Biochemistry Disciplinary Focus
- Genetics Disciplinary Focus
- Nutrition Disciplinary Focus
- Physiology Disciplinary Focus
Internships and Career Development
- ANS Department Formal Internship Information
- Exotics and Wildlife Internships
- Study Abroad Handout
- Careers in AEE, ANS and ANM
College and University Information
Pre-Professional/Pre-Graduate School Information
Miscellaneous Student Resources
- Course Material Waiver Fee
- Requesting Letter of Recommendation
- Faculty Advisor Assignments
Academics and Campus Services
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences - This is our college's website. If you need information about college requirements or about the Dean's Office, look here.
- Admissions Office - This is the site for Undergraduate Admissions where you can find attendance costs, a list of majors and minors, how to apply, and general information about UC Davis.
- Financial Aid - The Financial Aid website has important deadlines and information about the different financial aid options available for all UC Davis students.
- Scholarship Office - This webpage links you to general information on UC Davis undergraduate scholarships, prestigous scholarships, outside scholarships, and much more!
- Office of the University Registrar - At this website, you can find information about registration, how to send your transcripts, important dates, graduation, as well as the class search tool.
- ASSIST - ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.
- Commonly Used Resources - This handout gives contact information for some of the most commonly used resources on campus.
- Student Academic Success Center offers FREE academic and advising assistance to all UC Davis students.
- Student Health and Counseling Services offers a variety of counseling and health services to keep students physically and mentally healthy, and to help students realize their academic and personal goals.
- Internship and Career Center (ICC) offers advising for internships, jobs, careers, life after Davis, or need help with your resumé, this site is the place to go.
- Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) - A major role for SISS is to assist international students, scholars and UC Davis departments with visa and immigration issues.
- Student Housing - If you're looking for information about living in one of the residence hall communities, look here.
- Student Disability Center (SDC) is committed to the coordination of specialized academic support services for students with disabilities.
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine - This is the home page for the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Health Professions Advising - Health Professions Advising offers information on preparation for and admission to health professions programs, such as pre-vet, including assistance with all aspects of the application process.
- Pre-Graduate/Pre-Professional School Advising - This webpage has important advisor contact information for Pre-Graduate and Pre-Professional School Advising.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges - For information on veterinary programs outside of UC Davis.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges