**Save the Date**
December 8th - Holiday Gala
NEWS & EVENTS
- The Little “I” Livestock Show will be held this Sunday, November 19th, at Cole A Facility.
- Ermias Kebreab co–authored “Comparison of greenhouse gas emissions from Mexican intensive dairy farms” in South African Journal of Animal Science.
- Elizabeth Maga and Jim Murray publish “Milk from transgenic goat expressing human lysozyme for recovery and treatment of gastrointestinal pathogens” in European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Grazyne Tresoldi and Cassandra Tucker publish “Cow cooling on commercial drylot dairies: A description of 10 farms in California” in the latest issue of CA Agriculture.
- The work of Josephine Trott is on the cover of Cancer Research, featuring her paper, “Glutamine addiction in kidney cancer suppresses oxidative stress and can be exploited for real-time imaging”.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner was the keynote speaker on dairy sustainability issues at the Washington State Dairy Conference in Yakima, WA.
- Ermias Kebreab gave an invited talk at Yale-National University of Singapore on Global Sustainability of the Livestock Sector.
- Amy McLean presented a poster abstract based on participatory approaches for Mule owners, delivered a Mule and hinny husbandry guide, and gave an invited short oral presentation on the “Current Donkey Industry in China” at the International Working Animal Congress, held in Marrakech, Morocco. While there, Amy volunteered at the American Fonduk Veterinary Clinic in Fez, Morocco and collected data for a study evaluating pain recognition in mules and donkeys.