**Save the Date**
December 8th - Holiday Gala
Safe travels and happy celebrations with friends and family!
NEWS & EVENTS
- A reminder to purchase your Holiday Gala Tickets by November 30th.
*There will be no dinner tickets sold at the door*
- Maja Makagon and Richard Blatchford co-authored a book chapter entitled “Understanding Poultry Behaviour” in Applegate, T. (ed.), Achieving sustainable production of poultry meat, Volume 3: Health and Welfare.
- Amy McLean co-authored “Effect of farming system on donkey milk composition” in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.
- Holland Dougherty’s opinion piece, “Models Help Us See the Big Picture of Sustainable Agriculture”, was published in the UCCE Fall 2017 Fresno-Madera Extension Range Bulletin.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam participated in the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine “Science Breakthroughs 2030: A Strategy for Food and Agricultural Research” study group meeting and the Arthur Sackler “The Science of Science Communication III (SSCIII): Inspiring Novel Collaborations and Building Capacity” in Washington DC. In Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Alison presented on “Regulatory oversight of new breeding innovations in the US” at TropAgBio. She also had a radio interview on Australian Broadcasting Corporation (http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/sciencefriction/making-happier-animals-gene-editing-on-the-farmyard/9154208), and posted a lecture given in advance of the screening of the Netflix’s new science fiction movie, Okja, at UC Davis. (https://video.ucdavis.edu/media/Scinema+11-4-17/0_ghkp210c)
- Andrea Schreier and Joel Van Eenennaam were invited to participate in the Columbia River Basin White Sturgeon Workshop in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Andrea gave three presentations and Joel shared his expertise during a panel discussion on conservation aquaculture.
- Juan Medrano participated in the Board Meeting and 75 years celebration of Zamorano University in Honduras.
The weekly newsletter will resume on December 8th.