NEWS & EVENTS
- Alison Van Eenennaam has been elected as Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and Chair-Elect of the Section on Agriculture, Food & Renewable Resources. Congratulations Alison!
- Deanne Meyer has been appointed Master Advisor of the Agriculture and Environmental Education major. Congratulations Deanne!
- Joel Van Eenennaam and Serge Doroshov co-author “Effect of dietary fat on adipocyte size in farmed age-2 white sturgeon” in Journal of Applied Ichthyology.
- Marcela Vilarino and Pablo J. Ross co-author “CRISPR/Cas9 microinjection in oocytes disables pancreas development in sheep” in Scientific Reports.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner was presenter at the National Academies FFAR animal ag sustainability meeting in Washington DC, and also online presenter at the PDPW Dairy Conference in Madison, WI.
- Amy McLean spoke at the Animal for Asia Conference in Kathmandu, Nepal on “Mule behavior: a reflection of human handling techniques”. While there, Amy visited the veterinary team of Animal Nepal.
- The Fall 2017 Commencement ceremony was held on Saturday, December 16th. Congratulations graduates!