NEWS AND EVENT
- TONIGHT HOLIDAY GALA
- TOMORROW Winter Commencement
- At the 100th Annual Convention of the California Cattlemen’s Association & California Cattlewomen, Inc. Convention two ANS undergraduates were recognized for their contributions and involvement in the beef industry: Rebecca Barnett was elected as the 2017 California Young Cattlemen’s Committee Secretary (statewide honor) & Hannah Van Duzer was awarded the 2016 California Young Cattlemen’s Committee Member of the Year Award. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Sarah Klopatek (grad with Frank Mitloehner) received a Livestock Memorial Research Fund Scholarship recognizing her research. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Welcome Kyle Wood, new sheep barn facility manager.
- Ermias Kebreab co-authors “Evaluation of greenhouse gas emissions from hog manure application in a Canadian cow–calf production system using whole-farm models” in Anim. Prod. Sci.
- Crystal Sundberg, Janelle Belanger-Sandoval, Tom Famula & Anita Oberbauer co-authors of “Gonadectomy effects on the risk of immune disorders in the dog: a retrospective study” in BMC Vet Res
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Also attending/presenting at the California Cattlemen’s Convention and associated meetings: Jennifer Chen, Anita Oberbauer, Samantha Werth, and Sarah Klopatek
- Amy McLean attended the 62nd Annual AAEP (American Association of Equine Practitioners) Convention in Orlando, Florida as well as volunteering and representing a Equitarian Initiative charity
- Huaijun Zhou gave invited talk on Feed the Future Innovation Lab at One Health and Ecohealth 2016 and a seminar about FAANG Initiative in Agriculture Victoria at Melbourne
- Abbas Ahmadi in Quito, Ecuador attending the “International Watershed Technology Conference” and giving a talk about “Mermaid: A New Computer Algorithm Applied to the Classification of Shellfish Growing Areas of Virginia, USA. (F. S. Conte, A. Ahmadi)”
- Alison Van Eenennaam filmed an episode for NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen at the Wrangler Feedlot of Cactus Feeders in Tulia, TX for the USDA Bovine Respiratory Disease Coordinated Agricultural Project (BRD CAP), presented " Host gene expression response to BVDV and other BRD pathogens" at the Seventh U.S. BVDV Symposium in Chicago, IL and " to the Annual Gamma Sigma Delta Fall Banquet in Davis, CA 12/8/2016 on “Food Evolution, GMOs and Health - What Role Does Science Have to Play?”
- Frank Mitloehner presented the effects of beta ligands on atmospheric reactive nitrogen at the Elanco HQ in Greenfield, IN.