NEWS & EVENTS
- The work of Pablo Ross and colleagues involving cow embryonic stem cells was featured in Science Magazine. (www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/02/first-cow-embryonic-stem-cells-could-lead-healthier-more-productive-livestock)
- Yanina Bogliotti, Marcela Vilarino, Delia Soto, and Pablo Ross authored “Efficient derivation of stable primed pluripotent embryonic stem cells from bovine blastocysts” published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Tasha Thompson, Sean O'Rourke and Mike Miller published "On the Evolution and Conservation of Summer Steelhead and Spring Chinook" in The Osprey.
- Amy McLean co-authored “Genetic parameter estimation and implementation of the genetic evaluation for gaits in a breeding program for assisted-therapy in donkeys” published in Veterinary Research Communications.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Amy McLean attended the National Endangered Equine Summit at Texas A&M University.
- Frank Mitloehner was a keynote speaker at the Zoetis Dairy Wellness Summit in Greenbay, WI and spoke at the UCD SVM Winter Conference as well as the Sierra Vet Med organization Annual Meeting in British Columbia.
- Maja Makagon and Ed DePeters participated in the Alda-Kavli Leadership Workshop on communicating science.
- Francine Bradley attended an Executive Meeting of the World's Poultry Science Association (WPSA), taught a Poultry Health Inspector (PHI) Refresher Course and judged at the Humboldt Poultry Fanciers' Winter Show.
- Maja Makagon was an invited guest at the COST Keel Bone Damage research coordination meeting in Bratislava, Slovakia.