NEWS AND EVENT
- Welcome Ted Lee to the Food Chain IT team!Stop by & say "hi" in 3111 Meyer Hall
- Juan Medrano and Alma Islas were highlighted in a 6 minute reportin UNIVISION, Channel 19 on the Coffee Genome shown in the 6:00 pm news
- Eric Thompson & his wife welcome baby daughter to their life on Thursday Feb 16!
- The UC Davis Meat Lab attended the California Association of Meat Processors held at Cal Poly, SLO; the team placed 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th in the collegiate division—this is the 9th consecutive year that a UCD student has placed first. The team also won the Eggan Award (highest placing team in the competition): UCD has won this award all 5 years since it was established. UCD student Denelle Flake won the CAMP Collegiate Scholarship. In the open division, the Meat Lab won Grand Champion in the Innovative Pork Sausage category.
- Christine Miller, Trish Price & Deanne Meyer author "Mass balance analyses of nutrients on California dairies to evaluate data quality for regulatory review" in Science of the Total Environment
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Huaijun Zhou attended the Feed the Future Innovation Labs Regional Partners Meeting in Dakar, Senegal to address key agricultural and nutrition constrains in West Africa organized by USAID the Bureau for Food Security, Office of Agricultural Research and Policy, Mission Agriculture
- Anne Todgham presented "Ocean acidification, global warming’s evil twin: Impact on fishes" to the Pacific NW Fish Health Protection Committee and discussed implications of ocean change for salmonid hatchery programs on the Pacific coast
- Francine Bradley attended the Executive Committee Meeting of the World's Poultry Science Association in Atlanta, provided information to Poultry Health Inspectors, and at the Humboldt Poultry Fanciers' Association Show judged poultry Showmanship and Avian Bowl, & staffed the biosecurity display
- Frank Mitloehner gave seven presentations on livestock and climate change to beef producers throughout the state (Yreka to Bakersfield).