NEWS & EVENTS
- At the World Aquaculture Society conference in Las Vegas, Serge Doroshov was presented with the NAA (National Aquaculture Association) Joseph P. McCraren Award for Distinguished Lifetime Contributions, for his decades of research that led to the development of the successful sturgeon aquaculture industry. Congratulations Serge!
- Pablo Ross was featured in an article by The Guardian and interviewed on CTV News for his work on growing human organs in other species. [link] [link]
- Alison Van Eenennaam contributed her opinion in an article regarding biotech regulation published by the Des Moines Register. [link]
- Caleb Sehnert was quoted in Drovers Farm Journal for an article on recent meat delivery issues. [link]
- Tina Horback and colleagues published "Ontogeny of behavioral traits in commercial sows" in Animal: International Journal of Bioscience.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Hao Cheng and Maci Mueller (Van Eenennaam Lab) presented at the World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production in New Zealand.
- The advising center hosted Kimberley O'Bryan, Director of Admissions at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, for office hours to meet with undergraduate students seeking information on applying to the school.
- Jackson Gross and Joel Van Eenennaam were invited by the California Aquaculture Association to present at the National Aquaculture Association Conference in Las Vegas; "The use of electricity to control burrowing shrimp in shellfish beds" and "California caviar: the history of white sturgeon aquaculture".