NEWS & EVENTS
- Dr. Jan Roser, professor emeritus, has been selected to be the honorary chair at the International Symposium on Equine Reproduction in Cambridge, England. She is being honored for her prolific studies on the hormonal regulation of reproductive function in the mare and stallion as well as her fund raising activity in support of the symposium.
- Colin Kern, Postdoctoral Scholar from Zhou Lab, received USDA NIFA Post-Doctoral Fellowship. Congratulations!
- A paper by Jennifer Van Os, Erin Mintline and Cassandra Tucker was featured on the new homepage of the journal PLOS ONE [Link].
- Dr. Jan Roser will present a study at the International Symposium on Equine Reproduction entitled “The Biological Activity of Recombinant Equine Follicle Stimulating Hormone (reFSH) Compared to Pituitary eFSH in a Heterologous Radioreceptor Assay”. One of the co-authors of the study is Dr. Pablo Ross.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner was keynote speaker at the National Dairy Challenge in Visalia, speaking to 350 students from throughout the US about Dairy Sustainability, gave the keynote address at the Tri State Dairy Conference in Fort Wayne, IN, and was a speaker at the International Cheese Technology Expo in Milwaukee, WI.
- Kelli Davis, Kyle Wood, Don Harper and students took animals to the Quad for pre-Picnic Day festivities.
- Amy McLean was a guest lecturer for VTMED 6573: Veterinary Perspectives for the Health and Welfare of the Domestic and International Donkey at Cornell Veterinary Medicine program, Ithaca, NY and gave two lectures; “Donkey Welfare: a reflection on human use and behavior” and “Donkeys as production animals from meat, milk and skin”.