NEWS & EVENTS
- Grace Berryhill receives the the 2017 Kinsella Memorial Prize!! Congratulations!!!
- Grace Berryhill also receives the Kleiber Prize!!!!!!!
- Congratulations, Maci Meuller Grand Slam 2nd place finisher!
- PICNIC DAY TOMORROW!!!!
- Valerie Fates (ANS), Hannah Van Duzer (ANM), received outstanding Senior Awards that award recognize “contributions to the intellectual environment of your department, through involvement in research or classroom discussion, leadership in student groups committed to the advancement of learning, or other intellectual pursuits with faculty and fellow students”
- Megan Mayo & Josh Hull author “Discovery and preliminary multi-species evaluation of single nucleotide polymorphism resources for genus Buteo developed from restriction site-associated DNA paired-end data” in Conservation Genetics Resources
- Ryan Bourbour, from Josh Hull's lab and the Avian Sciences Grad Group, received a Wilson's Ornithological Society's Louis Agassiz Fuertes Grant for his research using DNA metabarcoding to reveal the diet of migrating raptors
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Joy Mench gave an invited presentation at the International Egg Commission (IEC) meeting in Monte Carlo, and is appointed to the IEC Animal Welfare Working Group
- Mandi Finger in Reno for the Walker Lahontan Cutthroat trout Recovery Implementation Team
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “Impacts of the Revolutionary Technology (CRISPR & other biotech) on Crop & Livestock Agriculture and Bio-Engineering Value Chains.” UC Berkeley's Agrifood Supply Chains; “Regulatory environment for new technologies”, The Analytical Excellence through Industry Collaboration (AEIC) Spring Meeting 2017, Santa Clara, CA; and “Animal-Based Food Systems: The Place of Agriculture Products within Context of a Healthy Diet”, Food Systems, Nutrition and Health in a Changing Environment, American Society for Nutrition ASN's Scientific Sessions at Experimental Biology (EB) 2017, Chicago, IL