NEWS & EVENTS
- Faculty attended the 2018 Golden State Dairy Management Conference at the UCCE San Joaquin County Ag Center in Stockton.
- Amy McLean and Jim Murray were featured in the UC Davis News story about the Santa Cruz Island Horses [Link].
- Frank Mitloehner, Alison Van Eenennaam and Ermias Kebreab are quoted in the article “Can Diet Diminish Climate Change?” in the California Aggie [Link].
- Sheep Facility manager Kyle Wood hosted a project lamb fitting and showmanship clinic at the Cole Facility for Yolo County 4-H and FFA members getting ready for the Yolo County Spring Show.
- Cassandra Tucker was featured in an article about conduction cooling systems for cattle in Progressive Dairyman Magazine [Link].
- Andrea Schreier and Alisha Goodbla co-authored a publication entitled "First Record of the Large-Scale Loach Paramisgurnus dabryanus (Cobitidae) in the United States" in the Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management.
- Joy Mench co-authored two chapters (“Behaviour” and “Practical Strategies to Assess and Improve Welfare”) in Animal Welfare, 3rd Ed., published by CABI.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Juan Medrano participated in the March Board Meeting of Zamorano University in Honduras as chair of the academic committee.
- Joy Mench gave an invited plenary talk on “OIE’s Global Animal Welfare Standards: Egg Industry Impact” at the International Egg Commission meeting in London.
- Bob Sainz visited two National Agricultural Labs belonging to the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture with Dr. Pam Hullinger, Director of the California Animal Health & Food Safety Lab system, to discuss potential partnerships with UC Davis.
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “Genome editing applications in animals” at the International Genome Editing Seminar for Biotechnology Regulators in the Americas at the Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in Cali, Columbia.
- Francine Bradley judged a Poultry Showmanship and Avian Bowl at the NorCal Poultry Show and taught a Poultry Health Inspector Class in Red Bluff, CA.