NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations to Pablo Ross for being appointed a Chancellor’s fellow!
- Huaijun Zhou received the Zoetis Fundamental Science Award from Poultry Science Association.
- Ermias Kebreab received the American Society of Animal Science Bouffault International Animal Agriculture Award.
- Science Magazine featured the work of the Miller lab on Chinook Salmon and released it in coordination with abioRxiv preprint.
- Amy McLean was interviewed by the Discovery Channel on the preservation and breeding efforts to save the endangered California native breed,the Santa Cruz Island Horse.
- UCD Animal Science students were awarded California Animal Nutrition Scholarships and Emily Andreini was invited to give a presentation at theCalifornia Animal Nutrition Conference.
- Annie King and Ketwee Saksrithai published “Controlling Hydrogen Sulfide Emissions during Poultry Productions” in Journal of Animal Research and Nutrition.
- Cassandra Tucker and Grazyne Tresoldi published “Cooling cows with sprinklers: Spray duration affects physiological responses to heat load” in the Journal of Dairy Science.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Kyle Wood attended the Cloverdale Ram Sale and the State Finals at Cal Poly as a sheep committee official to the livestock judging contest. Also, a USDA wet lab was held at the sheep unit for 20 vet students to practice blood draws, health checks and observations.
- Alison Van Eenennaam attended the “National Muster” in Victoria, Australia along with 300 dairy producers, and interviewed Dr. Jennie Pryce,ImProving herds project leader, about the importance of genetic improvement in dairy herd profitability.
- Francine Bradley was an invited speaker at Universiada ANECA (national association of Mexican poultry scientists and veterinarians) and was quoted in Industria Avicola.