NEWS & EVENTS
- Chris Miller, Carlyn Peterson, Sarah Adcock and Michelle Halstead are recipients of Lyons fellowships for 2018- 2019. Congratulations!
- Jackson Gross’ aquaponics research with Tsar Nicoulai Caviar farm was featured in the Washington Post. [Link]
- Ermias Kebreab’s project on seaweed to cut methane emissions has been featured on several TV and radio stations including ABC 10, Fox 40 and NPR. Several print newspapers also reported including Sac Bee, San Francisco Chronicle and The Independent (UK).
- Elizabeth Maga, Pablo Ross, Tina Horback, Crystal Yang and Trish Berger received grant approval from the Academic Senate for “An alternative to castration to eliminate boar taint”.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Kim Miller presented an abstract at the 43rd Annual American Society of Andrology Conference in Oregon.
- Francine Bradley taught a Game Fowl Health Assurance Continuing Education Class in Santa Maria, CA and is working with veterinarians and poultry breeders to spread the word about the
- outbreak of Virulent Newcastle Disease in Southern California backyard chickens.
- Huaijun Zhou spoke on Genomics to Improve Poultry Innovation Lab at Feed the Future Innovation Labs Regional Partners meeting in Kampala, Uganda.
- Students from ANS 144 (Beef Cattle and Sheep Production) and ANS 49I (Animal Management Practices: Sheep) toured Superior Farms in Dixon, CA.
- Anna Denicol attended a banquet at the MIND Institute to support her NPB 130 students in the Postbaccalaureate Program who are applying to medical school.