NEWS & EVENTS
- Kwangwook Kim, Cynthia Jinno, and Yijie He of Liu Lab attended the California Animal Nutrition Conference and Kwangwook won 1st prize for his poster presentation “Supplementation of Bacillus subtilis enhanced growth rate and gut barrier function of weanling pigs experimentally infected with F18 Escherichia coli”.
- A sow at the Swine Teaching and Research Center gave birth to 21 live piglets, a new record under facility manager Aaron Prinz!
- Annie King and Sadia Naseem published ”Ammonia production in poultry houses can affect health of humans, birds, and the environment-techniques for its reduction during poultry production.” in Environmental Science and Pollution Research International.
- Huaijun Zhou and David Bunn published “Novel analysis of the Harderian gland transcriptome response to Newcastle disease virus in two inbred chicken lines” in Scientific Reports.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Matthias Hess presented on anaerobic rumen fungi and their molecular machinery to breakdown plant biomass during the 40th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals in Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Sarah Klopatek attended the United States Rountable for Sustainable Beef Annual Meeting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Frank Mitloehner was a speaker at the American Dairy Products Initiative summit in Chicago, at the California Grain and Feed Industry Convention in Napa and gave a talk at the Animal Ag Alliance summit in Washington DC. He also accompanied grad students Sam Werth, Carlyn Peterson, Angelica Carrazco and Elizabeth Ross to the CANC meeting in Fresno where they presented posters.