NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations to the graduating class of 2018! Thank you to everyone who participated in the graduation ceremonies. Special thanks to Chris Akins, Ed DePeters, Russ Hovey, Lisa Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kat Jackson, Katherine Livingston, Grace Dell’Olio, Jennie Buse and the Farm Crew.
- Anne Todgham, Andrea Schreier, Joel Van Eenennaam, Brigitte Clark and Michaiah Leal (PhD student, Todgham Lab) published “The effects of warm temperature acclimation on constitutive stress, immunity, and metabolism in white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) of different ploidies” in Comparative Biochemistry and Pysiology Part A: Molecular & Integrative Physiology. [Link]
- David Bunn published “Awareness and Practices Relating to Zoonotic Diseases Among Smallholder Farmers in Nepal” in EcoHealth. [Link]
- Yanhong Liu published “Dietary spray-dried plasma improves intestinal morphology of mated female mice under stress condition” in Journal of Animal Science and Technology. [Link]
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Amy McLean gave a talk on "The impact of research on facilitating human behavior change to improve working equid welfare" at the Annual AAEP Equitarian Initiative Meeting in Snowmass, CO.
- Matthias Hess presented on “Untangling the highly efficient biomass-degrading machinery of anaerobic rumen fungi using metatranscriptomics and synthetic biology approaches” at the Rowett-INRA 2018, Gut Microbiology: No longer the forgotten organ.