NEWS & EVENTS
- Lisa Nash Holmes received the UC Davis Staff Assembly’s Citations of Excellence for TEACHING. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Alison Van Eenennaam appointed to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine study committee for “Science Breakthroughs 2030: A Strategy for Food and Agricultural Research”
- Lindsay Upperman (Van Eenennaam lab) received the 2017 Baker/Cundiff Scholarship from the Beef Improvement Federation
- ANS UC Davis won the Intercollegiate Pack Competition at Mule Days !! Team Jacob Anuszczyk, Dean Almong, Holly Doner, & Bobbi Sue Dizmang. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Tae-Hyun Kim, IGG student in Zhou lab, awarded a NIFA pre-doctoral Fellowship grant. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Dietmar Kültz co-author of “Tgm1-like transglutaminases in tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus)” in PlosOne
- Ermias Kebreab co-author of “Social and ecological analysis of commercial integrated crop livestock systems: Current knowledge and remaining uncertainty” in Agricultural Systems
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Kathryn Jackson spoke at the UC Academic Advising Conference at UC Berkeley on Integrating Study Abroad Into Student Academic Plans
- Lindsay Upperman, Maci Lienemann Mueller, Emily M Andreini, & Alison Van Eenennaam attended the Beef Improvement Federations 49th Annual Research Symposium and Annual Meeting in Athens, GA; Alison presented “Where are we going with genomics and genetic improvement?” and “Genetics of Reproduction” Advancements in Producer Applications” and ““How genome editing could synergistically accelerate animal genomics” Advancements in Emerging Technology and “Communicating with skeptical audiences”
- Maci Lienemann Mueller, Ellen Harness, Luís Henrique, Amy Young, & Alison Van Eenennaam all participated in the “New Players, New Tools: Insights in Science Communications – Science into Story”, Science Communication workshop at the International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR) Conference in Berkeley; Alison also presented “Genetic Improvement of Food Animals: Past and Future” Animal Agriculture: CRISPR, Transgenic Animals and Regulations"
- Frank Mitloehner presented a webinar on “Sustainability in Agriculture and Food” hosted by Ontario Pork and another webinar for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and gave a talk at the Annual CCA Feeder Council Meeting in San Diego
- 10 undergraduate & graduate students from UC Davis attended the Annual California Cattleman’s Association Feeder Council meeting in San Diego including Sam Werth, Carlyn Peterson, Angelica Carrazco, Elizabeth Ross, and Sarah Klopatek