NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome Ricci Gay, new Department Chair Asst. Ricci was previously an administrative assistant at Shields Library
- SATURDAY, Horse Production Sale- Be there with your check book!
- Sarah Adcock received the National Milk Producers Federation
- Hintz Memorial Scholarship. Congratulations!
- Meat Lab recognized with a 2017 “People Love Us on Yelp” award. Congratulations Caleb Sehnert and Meat Lab crew!
- Welcome Jason Vo to the IT support team in the Food Chain Cluster. Jason is a recent UC Davis graduate in Computer Science and he comes to us with experience providing IT support services for Contra Costa County Animal Services Department
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and California Beef Council offering UC Davis Stockmanship and Stewardship Event at Cole Friday & Saturday
- Bryan Welly, Mike Miller, Alma Islas-Trejo, Sean O’Rourke, Amy Young, Juan Medrano & Alison L. Van Eenennaam co-authors on “Identification and Validation of Antigenic Proteins from Pajaroellobacter abortibovis Using De Novo Genome Sequence Assembly and Reverse Vaccinology” in G3
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented on “Genomic Selection in Livestock Improvement Programs” and “Science communication” at the 3rd International Workshop on Regulation of Animal Biotechnology in Charlottesville, VA and on “The Future of Genetics” at the U.S. Dairy's 2017 Spring Dairy Sustainability Forum, Chicago, IL. She also attended the Institute for Food Technology (IFT) Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, NV to participate on a question and answer panel associated with Food Evolution
- Maja Makagon presented "What do welfare assessments really tell us?" at the 12th Duck Research Workshop hosted by Maple Leaf Farms in Indiana
- Russ Hovey and Carmen Banks attended the Gordon Research Conference on Mammary Gland Biology in Stowe, Vermont.
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “The use of DNA and Genetic Markers in Beef Cattle Selection” at the Idaho Cattle Association Summer Round-up in Jackpot, NV, and attended the New York City premiere of Food Evolution on Friday 23rd June with Neil deGrassi Tyson, director Scott Hamilton Kennedy, and producer Trace Sheehan (read the NY Times review here)