NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations to Brandon Nguyen and his wife Emily, who are the proud parents to their second son, Weston Nguyen, born 7.13 lbs on June 16th!
- Mike Mienaltowski, Juan Medrano, Alma Islas-Trejo, Angela Cánovas, Monica Pechanec, Valerie Fates and Angela Hampton published “Transcriptome Profiles of Isolated Murine Achilles Tendon Proper- and Peritenon- Derived Progenitor Cells.” in the Journal of Orthopaedic Research. [Link]
- Abbas Ahmadi and Peter Robinson published “Implementation of CTR Dairy Model Using the Visual Basic for Application Language of Microsoft Excel” in the International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems (IJAEIS). [Link]
- Silas Hung published “Evaluation of formulated feed for juvenile lake sturgeon based on growth performance and nutrient retention” in the North American Journal of Aquaculture.[Link]
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Anne Todgham co-organized a symposium entitled “Polar fish: evolutionary and physiological adaptations and their responses to climate change” at the POLAR 2018 meeting in Davos, Switzerland and presented a talk on the “Metabolic capacity to acclimate to multiple stressors in an Antarctic fish”.
- Karla Villatoro attended the Reciprocal Meat Conference in Kansas City, MO with Crystal Yang and presented a poster on “Comparison of Nutrient Composition, Quality, and Sensory Differences among Dorper, Domestic Commercial Crossbred and Australian Commercial Crossbred Lamb Meat.”
- Alison Van Eenennaam was an invited speaker at the OECD Conference on “Genome Editing Applications in Agriculture: Implications for Health, Environment and Regulation” in Paris, France; and her AAAS Riley Lecture entitled “Does agriculture have a parallel science problem?” was written up in Science magazine in article “Agricultural advances draw opposition that blunts innovation”.