NEWS & EVENTS
- Graduate student Maci Mueller and Alison Van Eenennaam wrote an article titled “Use of gene editing to introduce the polled trait into elite germplasm” for Progressive Dairyman. [Link]
- The department held the annual Spring Awards Barbecue where outstanding students were recognized with awards and scholarships. Thank you to all who participated and put on the event. Special thanks to the Advising Center Team, Chris Akins, Dan Sehnert, Farm Crew and the Draft Horse and Driving Club for providing rides to Putah Creek Lodge!
- Maria Patino, Assistant Herds Person at the Dairy, has been doing a great job updating the facility’s social media pages, most recently sharing some fun facts in honor of National Dairy Month.
- Matthias Hess co-authored “Recovery of genomes from metagenomes via a dereplication, aggregation and scoring strategy” in Nature Microbiology. [Link}
- Amy McLean co-authored “Genetic parameter and breeding value estimation of donkeys' problem-focused coping styles” in Behavioral Processes. [Link]
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented the 2018 Riley Valentine Memorial Lecture on “Does Agriculture have a Parallel Science Problem?” at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in Washington, DC.