NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome Tyler Nielsen, new Beef Cattle technician. Tyler comes to us from the the VMTH - Equine Clinic and has a lifetime of beef cattle experience.
- Essam Abdelfattah received the 2017 UC Davis Community Service Award. Congratulations!
- Welcome Grace Dell’Olio, new staff member of the Animal Science Advising Center team. Grace was an ANS undergraduate and student assistant in the Advising Center.
- Farewell to Jenny Gunter who moved out of state. We will miss her and wish her & her family a bright future!
- Andrea Schreier awarded the Academic Federation Innovative Development Grant to apply a novel DNA sequencing technology to study whole genome duplication in vertebrates, using white sturgeon as a model
- Frank Mitloehner received a CDFA (Ca Dept Food & Ag) grant entitled "Benchmarking of manure emissions on CA dairies".
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner presented "Greenhouse gas emissions of the livestock supply chains" at the annual EFPRA (European Render Association) in Hamburg Germany
- Fred Conte participated and presented at the National Aquaculture Extension Conference in Boise, ID
- Alison Van Eenennaam gave presentations on “Agriculture biotech, public policy, and media in a post-truth era” and “Regulatory trends and “New Breeding Techniques: Canada, US, Europe” at Boot Camp on Public Trust in Agricultural Technology, University of Guelph, Canada and “How genome editing could synergistically accelerate animal genomics” at the Monsanto Fellows Colloquium in St Louis, MO
- Deanne Meyer presented dairy workshops in Modesto
- Aaron Prinz at World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA