NEWS & EVENTS
- Kate Livingston (and Husband Brendan) had their baby Sterling Belle, on August 3! 7 lb 5 oz, 21 inches long. Mother and baby are home, and doing well!
- Kathryn Jackson completed a blog about ANS majors: https://www.ucdavis.edu/majors/animal-studies/what-can-i-do-with-animal-studies-major
- Great work Kathryn!
- Ingrid Youngworth from Mary Delany's lab won Best Student Oral Presentation at the 2017 Poultry Science Association's Annual Meeting!
- Francine Bradley attended the Poultry Science Association Meeting in Orlando.
- Perot Saelao and Shannon Chee from Huaijun Zhou's lab visited and presented at the USDA headquarters in D.C. and met with the Undersecretary of Agriculture and staff on behalf of MANRRS.
- Holland Dougherty and Ermias Kebreab published two papers, “The AusBeef model for beef production I” and “The AusBeef model for beef production II” in
- Journal of Agricultural Science, Cambridge
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Cassandra Tucker and PhD students Grazyne Tresoldi and Sarah Adcock attended and gave presentations at the International Society for Applied Ethology conference in Aarhus, Denmark.
- Anne Todgham gave an invited presentation at the Society of Experimental Biology’s Annual Meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden from July 3-6th, 2017.
- Anne Todgham participated in a Futureproofing Aquaculture workshop with a group of colleagues from the United Kingdom, Australia, the US and Hong Kong at the University of Exeter, UK from July 16-20th, 2017.
- PhD student Erin Flynn (Todgham lab) presented her dissertation research at the XIIth Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research Biology Symposium in Leuven, Belgium from July 10-14th, 2017.
- Alison Van Eenennaam attended and participated in a Question and Answer session at the National Academy of Sciences screening of the documentary movie Food Evolution in Washington DC, and then participated in the NAS "Science Breakthroughs 2030: A Strategy for Food and Agricultural Research" two day committee meeting. She also spoke on "Understanding GMOs" at Idaho Milk Processors Association Meeting in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Amy McLean and Jim Murray visited El Campeon Farms to discuss research on the Santa Cruz Island Horses and possible internship programs.