NEWS & EVENTS
- Tina Horback was featured in the Sunday edition of SF Chronicle which reviewed how her research may inform pork producers how to manage social aggression in group housing. http://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/New-standards-in-animal-welfare-raise-new-issues-11818025.php#photo-13633
- Rachel Toaff-Rosenstein and Cassandra Tucker published “Technical Note: Use of an automated grooming brush by heifers and potential for radiofrequency identification-based measurements of this behavior” in the Journal of Dairy Science.
- Daniel Prince, Mike Miller and others published “The evolutionary basis of premature migration in Pacific salmon highlights the utility of genomics for informing conservation” in Science Advances.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Francine Bradley taught Game Fowl Health Assurance (GFHA) Continuing Education Class for members from Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, GFHA Training Class for individuals from Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and Poultry Health Inspector (PHI) Training Class for individuals from Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
- Pablo Ross and Alison Van Eenennaam presented talks at the 11th Transgenic Animal Research Conference held at the Granlibakken Conference Center in Tahoe City August 13th to 16th. Posters were presented by Sadie Henning and Ellie Harness (Murray Lab), Kelly Zacanti (Berger Lab), Raquel Pinho and Kathleen Furtado (Maga Lab), Jens Harmer (Kueltz Lab), Ahmed Mahdi (Ross Lab), and Luis Aguiar (Van Eenennaam Lab).