NEWS & EVENTS
- From Jim Murray: With the changing of the chair position there has been a short hiatus in the publication of the newsletter, but we are back! I want to thank Anita Oberbauer for all her years of service as chair of the department of Animal Science.
- "GENOME EDITING FOR ENHANCED ANIMAL PRODUCTION" USDA NIFA National Need graduate fellowship proposal awarded (3 fellowships for 3 years): Pablo Ross PD with Jim Murray 8c Huaijun Zhou co-PDs
- Holland Dougherty received $2,500.00 Taste America-California award.
- Francine Bradley judging Market Poultry at Orange County Fair for 22nd consecutive year.
- Erica Scott, Mike Mienaltowski, Pablo Ross and Jim Murray co-author: “Identification of long non-coding RNA in the horse transcriptome” in BMC Genomics.
- Pablo Ross co-authors: “Effect of Different Mini-Volume Colloid Centrifugation Configurations on Flow-Cytometrically-Sorted Sperm Recovery Efficiency and Quality Using a Computer-Assisted Semen Analyzer” in Reproduction in Domestic Animals.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam and Jim Murray attended and presented at the 3rd International Workshop for Regulation of Animal Biotechnology in Charlottesville, Virginia, June 26-30, 2017.
- Abbas Ahmadi attended the European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment (EFITA) and the World Congress on Computers in Agriculture (WCCA) in Montpellier, France from July 1 - 8, 2019 and presented two papers: Mermaid: A New Decision Support Tool for Managing Shellfish Growing Areas (F. S. Conte and A. Ahmadi); Implementation of CTR Dairy Model Using the Visual Basic for Application Language of Microsoft Excel (A. Ahmadi, P. H. Robinson, F. Elizondo, and P. Chilibroste).
- Yanhong Liu’s lab group attended 2017 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting and Trade Show at Baltimore, July 8-12.
- Kwangwook Kim won the 3rd place at the ASAS Poster Competition: M.S. Division.