NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome to our new faculty members; Hao Cheng, Assistant Professor of Quantitative Genetics and Jackson Gross, our new Aquaculture Extension Specialist.
- Thank you to Elizabeth Maga for serving as Vice Chair of Animal Science. Welcome to Anne Todgham and Pablo Ross as our new Vice Chairs with Jim Murray.
- Alison Van Eenennaam did an interview with “On the Edge” with April Mahoney, a Blog Talk Radio Podcast out of San Diego.
- Food Evolution, the movie, was featured in an Editorial: “Food Evolution or Revolution?” on the CattleNetwork.com.
- Richard Blatchford was interviewed by the San Francisco Chronicle on a new ballot initiative to update Proposition 2.
- Grace Berryhill, Josephine Trott and Russ Hovey published “The transcriptome of estrogen-independent mammary growth in female mice reveals that not all mammary glands are created equally” in Endocrinology.
- Richard Blatchford is co-PI on two CFAH Animal Health Awards that received funding: Assessing the risk of human lead exposure from consumption of eggs from lead-exposed backyard chickens and promoting health and welfare of backyard poultry flocks through E-learning.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Ermias Kebreab and Alison Van Eenennaam attended the European Federation of Animal Science (EAAP) meeting in Tallinn, Estonia. Alison presented on “Science communication to obtain social license for use of genome editing in animal breeding programs”.
- Anna Denicol attended the 31st Annual Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Embryo Technologies (SBTE), where she was invited to serve on a panel of three committee members to evaluate and indicate the winner of the graduate student paper competition.