NEWS & EVENTS
- Huaijun Zhou attended the U.S. Government's Global Food Security Research Strategy meeting organized by The Board for International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD) in Washington, DC.
- Russ Hovey, Josephine Trott and colleagues published “Pathobiology of the 129:Stat1 -/- mouse model of human age-related ER-positive breast cancer with an immune infiltrate-excluded phenotype.” in Breast Cancer Research.
- Alison Van Eenennaam, Mike Miller, Sean O’Rourke, Amy Young, Dan Prince and Joseph Owen published “Whole-Genome Sequencing and Concordance Between Antimicrobial Susceptibility Genotypes and Phenotypes of Bacterial Isolates Associated with Bovine Respiratory Disease” in G3.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner presented a talk on the effectiveness of a vermifiltration (i.e. worm filter) to reduce nitrogen emissions at the Royal Dairy Field day in Washington and presented the key note speech on Livestock Climate Change Issues at the Felleskjopet Annual Convention in Oslo, Norway.
- Francine Bradley hosted the 4-H Avian Bowl Invitational in Santa Rosa Valley, Ventura County.
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented at the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA) 2017 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA and at the American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) Annual Meeting in Omaha, NE on “The future of genetic alteration in food animal production”.