NEWS & EVENTS
- Ed DePeters will be honored among faculty with the CAES Award of Distinction, to be presented at the College Celebration on October 6th, 2017.
- Juan Reyes and Pablo JRoss co-authors of “Differing molecular response of young and advanced maternal age human oocytes to IVM” in Human Reproduction.
- Pablo JRoss co-author of “DNA Methylation in Embryo Development: Epigenetic Impact of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technologies)” in BioEssays.
- Anne Todgham is featured in the 2017 Fall/Winter edition of the CA&ES Outlook Magazine, highlighting her research in Antarctica.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Tae-Hyun Kim from Zhou lab presented his work at the Animal Genetics and Diseases conference in Cambridge, UK
- Joy Mench gave an invited plenary lecture on laying hen welfare at the International Egg Commission meeting in Bruges, Belgium
- Facilities Managers toured the Associated Feed and Supply Company feed mills in the Central Valley
- Frank Mitloehner presented as a steering committee member to the UN FAO Livestock Environment Assessment and Performance Partnership (LEAP) in Rome, Italy and was a keynote speaker on Sustainability in Livestock Production at the ABIC (Agricultural Bioscience International Congress) in Winnipeg, Canada
- The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association visited the Feedlot and Meat lab for their Annual Food Service Tour, coordinated by Don HarperThe group was welcomed by Jim Murray and went on to see presentations on beef cattle production and meat quality by Jim Oltjen, Bob Sainz, Crystal Yang and Caleb Sehnert as well as numerous graduate students