NEWS & EVENTS
- Aaron Prinz, Swine Center manager, was recently selected to be a member of the 2017-18 Pork Leadership Institute. The PLI is a comprehensive training program conducted jointly by the National Pork Producers Council and the National Pork Board and is designed to develop future leaders for the US pork industry.
- Cassandra Tucker and the Center for Animal Welfare are featured in these video reports and article:
- Madeline Drake (past Animal Biology graduate student) and Anne Todgham published "The role of stochastic thermal environments in modulating the thermal physiology of an intertidal limpet, Lottia digitalis” in the Journal of Experimental Biology. The research is also featured in Inside JEB this month, “High and dry limpets do better when the heat is on” was selected as the Editors’ Choice article of the issue.
- Marcela Vilarino, Yanina S. Bogliotti, Insung Park, and Pablo J. Ross co-author “CRISPR-Cas9 mediated one-step disabling of pancreatogenesis in pigs” in Scientific Reports: http//www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-08596-5
- California Energy Commission visited the UC Davis dairy to see a project they fund led by Cassandra Tucker and partners at the Western Cooling Efficiency Center. The 2017 project is Alycia Drwencke’s MSc project.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Joy Mench attended the Welfare Assessment at the Farm and Group Level (WAFL) conference in Ede, The Netherlands.