NEWS & EVENTS
- U.S. Poultry & Egg Association is funding Mike Mienaltowski and Annie King’s grant proposal on “Examining the Roles of Macrophages and Vascular Inflammation in Broiler White Striping”.
- Amy Mclean was interviewed for an article on guard donkeys titled “The Donkey Refuge Where Burros Become Coyote-Kicking Livestock Guardians” by Atlas Obscura.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- .Matthias Hess presented “carbohydrate active enzymes from anaerobic fungi—the missing link to biomass degradation in the absence of oxygen” at the Lake Arrowhead Microbial Genomics meeting.
- Alison Van Eenennaam and Huaijun Zhou attended the Center for Tropical Livestock Genetics and Health (CTLGH ) Annual Scientific Conference in Naivasha, Kenya.
- Russ Hovey and Alice Mathews co-authored “Using domperidone to induce and sustain hy-perprolactinemia in late-pregnant gilts” in Domestic Animal Endocrinology.
- Yanhong Liu published “Phytochemicals as potential antibiotic alternatives to promote growth and enhance host health: a Report from the Second International Symposium on Al-ternatives to Antibiotics” in Veterinary Research.