NEWS & EVENTS
- The Aggie Classic Sale of Lambs and Goats will be held at the Cole A Facility on campus tomorrow.
- Genetics and Genomics major, Laurel Jackson and Animal Science major Sabin Marquardt, earned UC Davis equestrian’s first ever United Equestrian Conference weekly honors in meets against Texas A&M and Delaware State.
- The research of graduate student, Emily Andreini, is featured in an article in Beef Magazine.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Faculty and students attended the 2019 World Ag Expo in Tulare, CA.
- Huaijun Zhou was invited to speak at the Gordon Research Conference on Quantitative Genetics and Genomics in Cicco, Italy.
- Francine Bradley attended the International Production and Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta and participated in the World's Poultry Science Association (WPSA) Executive Committee meeting.
- Ermias Kebreab presented on ration formulation software development at the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems meeting in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented on “How misinformation about agriculture threatens sustainability and innovation” at the Workshop on Evidence-based Farm and Food Policy in an Era of Fake News in Melbourne, Australia, and on “Food Animal Species: The Importance of Product Risk-based Regulation of Breeding” in the Session on Gene Edited Livestock and Regulatory Stalemates at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting in Washington DC.
- Ryan Bourbour, Breanna Martinico, and Josh Hull published “Feather mercury concentrations in North American raptors sampled at migration monitoring stations” in Ecotoxicology.
- Annelise Del Rio (PhD student in Ecology), Brittany Davis (recent PhD graduate from Animal Biology) and Anne Todgham co-authored "Combined effects of warming and hypoxia on early life stage Chinook salmon physiology and development” in Conservation Physiology.
- Brittany Davis (recent PhD graduate from Animal Biology) and Anne Todgham co-authored "Sensitivities of an endemic, endangered California smelt and two non-native fishes to serial increases in temperature and salinity: implications for shifting community structure with climate change” in Conservation Physiology.
- Lisa Lit and Anita Oberbauer co-authored “Perceived infallibility of detection dog evidence: implications for juror decision-making” in Criminal Justice Studies.
- Liza Gershony, Janelle Belanger-Sandoval, Myly Le (undergrad intern) Tom Famula and Anita Oberbauer co-authored “DLA class II risk haplotypes for autoimmune diseases in the bearded collie offer insight to autoimmunity signatures across dog breeds” in Canine Genetics and Epidemiology.
- Kwangwook Kim and Yanhong Liu published “Nutritional Intervention for the Intestinal Development and Health of Weaned Pigs” in Frontiers in Veterinary Science.