NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations to Anita Oberbauer, recipient of the
- 2019 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement!
- Faculty, staff and students participated in the 43rd annual Agriculture and Environmental Sciences Field Day on campus. Thank you to all who represented the department and who helped make this year’s Field Day event another success!
- Frank Mitloehner was featured in an article regarding the Green New Deal by The New Food Economy.
- The Meat Lab was featured in an article in UC Davis News.
- Mike Miller and Sean O'Rourke publish "A versatile Rapture (RAD-Capture) platform for genotyping marine turtles" in Molecular Ecology Resources.
- Charles Brooke, Negeen Najafi, Katherine Dykier and Matthias Hess published "Prevotella copri, a potential indicator for high feed efficiency in western steers" in Animal Science Journal.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at the Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL on “Were Those the Days? Animal Agriculture Then and Now” and on “Genetic Improvement of Beef Cattle: Current Practice and Future Prospects” at the UCCE Southern San Joaquin Livestock Symposium in Oakdale, CA.