NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome Brad Foyil, our new Sheep Barn Facility Manager!
- Aaron Prinz and undergrads Alia Ames, Rebecca Castruita, Kate Harris, and Ashley Felsch showed pigs at the California Collegiate Livestock Show in Porterville. The show was highlighted by a 2nd place finish in Novice Showmanship for Rebecca and a class winning progress hog.
- Reyna Jimenez (Animal Biology undergrad 2018), Sarah Adcock, and Cassandra Tucker published "Acute pain responses in dairy calves undergoing cornual nerve blocks with or without topical anesthetic" in Journal of Dairy Science.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Ermias Kebreab presented at the 6th Global Feed and Food Congress in Bangkok, Thailand on “How to reduce our global footprint and feed the world”.
- Tasha Thompson was invited and presented her work from the Miller lab entitled “The Genetics of Adult Migration Type in Chinook Salmon and Applications for Conservation” at the Oregon Chapter of the American Fisheries Society in Bend, Oregon.
- The Liu Lab attended the ASAS ADSA Midwest Meeting at Omaha, NE to present their research with 6 oral presentations and 3 poster presentations. Kwangwook Kim won first prize for the PhD student oral competition and Yanhong presented “Nutritional Intervention on Intestinal Development and Health of Weaned pigs” at the DSM Symposium as a key note speaker.
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “The importance of genetic innovations to sustainability” at The Next New Food Panel at the 42nd Annual Consumer Federation of America National Food Policy Conference in Washington DC.
- Alia Ames, Rebecca Castruita, Kate Harris, and Ashley Felsch at the California Collegiate Livestock Show -
- Liu Lab at the ASAS ADSA Midwest Meeting -
- Dr. Van Eenennaam at the 42nd Annual Consumer Federation of America National Food Policy Conference -