NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations to Frank Mitloehner who was honored with the 2019 Borlaug Council for Ag Science and Technology Science Communication Award!
- Congratulations to Carlyn Peterson for winning the 2019 CA Animal Nutrition Conference Scholarship!
- Thank you to all who participated in Picnic Day 2019! A special thank you to Cassandra Tucker (Picnic Day Committee, Chair), Russ Hovey (Picnic Day Committee, Vice Chair), Chris Akins, Dan Sehnert and our amazing Farm Crew!
- Trish Berger and colleagues published “Tissue steroid levels in response to reduced testicular estrogen synthesis in the male pig, Sus scrofa” in PLOS One.
- Joy Mench co-authored “Northern fool mite infestation affects the nocturnal behavior of laying hens” in Applied Animal Behaviour Science.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at the Berkeley Innovative Genomics Institute on “Gene Editing in Cattle: Recent developments and prospects”, and at the University and Industry Consortium meeting in Madison, WI on “Genetic Improvement in Food Animals: Prospects, Policy, and Public Engagement” and “Does the Animal Drug Rubric Make Sense?”. She was also featured in a story in the Pacific Standard magazine.