NEWS & EVENTS
- Anita Oberbauer received the 2019 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement at a gala event at the Mondavi Center on campus
- Animal Science Peer Advisor, Mirella Lopez, received the 2019 Outstanding Peer Advisor Award at the Harry & Eleanor Walker Advising Award Presentations on campus.
- Faculty, staff and students participated in the 2019 Undergraduate Research Conference on campus.
- The Meat Lab was featured in an article in The California Aggie on the recent collegiate California Associa-tiation of Meat Processors’ (C.A.M.P.) cured meat competition.
- Ubaldo De La Torre, Jack Henderson, Madeleine Pedroja, Elenamarie O’Malley, Anthony Mora, Kat Furta-do, Monica Pechanec, Elizabeth Maga and Mike Mienaltowski published “Utilizing the fecal microbiota to understand foal gut transitions from birth to weaning” in PLOS ONE.
- Matthias Hess co-authored “The metagenomic landscape of xenobiotics biodegradation in mangrove sedi-ments” in Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Jim Edwards, American Quarter Judge and Steward, and David Snodgrass, founder of Unbridled China, spoke about opportunities in the equine industry to ANS 141 Equine Enterprise Marketing Class.
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “Enabling Innovation in Agricultural Breeding Programs: Promises and Policy” at the One Health Symposium at the University of Delaware, DE.
- Ermias Kebreab, Frank Mitloehner and Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on a panel on Sustainability at the “US Roundtable for Sustainable Beef” meeting in Fresno, CA.