NEWS & EVENTS
- Staff and students from the Animal Science Horse Barn attended the 50th Annual Bishop Mule Days Celebration. Two teams competed in the intercollegiate packing contests and the UCD student group showed 2 yearling mules as well as our jack, Action’s Protégé.
- Cindy Garcia from the Meat Lab is featured in an article by the Sacramento Bee. She will be the first female on the U.S. Butchery Team who will compete in the World Butchers’ Challenge in September at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento.
- Frank Mitloehner will present “Clearing the Air about Cows and Climate Change” at a ‘Meat ‘n’ Greet’ beef seminar at the California Farm Bureau headquarters in Sacramento on June 13th.
- Silas Hung published “Metabolic adaptation to feed restriction on the green sturgeon (Acipenser medirostris) fingerlings” in Science of the Total Environment and “Determination of the optimal feeding rates for juvenile lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) fed a formulated dry diet” in Aquaculture Nutrition.
- Aviva Fiske, Joel Van Eenennaam, Anne Todgham, Alisha Goodbla and Andrea Schreier co-authored "A comparison of methods for determining ploidy in white sturgeon" in Aquaculture.
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- .Russ Hovey gave a series of producer/industry workshops on “Building profitable udders” in coordination with Dairy Australia across Victoria and South Australia as well as a presentation at the “Murray Muster" annual regional producer meeting on “Similarities between the Australian and Californian dairy industries”.