NEWS & EVENTS
- The Department Newsletter is back! (So please send items in to Jim and Laura)
- Thank you to everyone who helped at the 2019 Fall BBQ!
- Horse Day-Saturday 10/19/2019
- https://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/sites/R/filesidgvnsk446/filesfinline-files/2019- Mailer.pdf
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Jim Murray was in Washington, D.C. to attend White House Summit on America's Bioeconomy.
- Ermias Kebreab and Abbas Ahmadi traveled to Vietnam to work with the Vietnam Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to develop ration formulation software.
- Elizabeth Maga spoke at a joint conference between Shandong Agricultural University and UC Davis in Tai'an China.
- Prof. Anne Todgham is currently at McMurdo Station. Antarctica with Postdoctoral Scholar Milica Mandic, PhD student Mandy Frazier and Junior Specialist Andrew Naslund. Their research is focusing on the metabolic capacity of early life stages of Antarctic fishes to cope with ocean warming and acidification. She and her team will be down on the ice for 4 months. You can follow their research on the Todgham Lab face-book page:
- Joey Owens, Josephine Trott, and Alison Van Eenennaam, along with others, contributed to a paper titled "Genomic and phenotypic analyses of six offspring of a genome-edited hornlesss bull"
- Alison Van Eenennaam's Blog Piece, "Responsible Science Takes Time":
- Anne Todgham and Joel Van Eenennaam co-authored "Integrating physiological data with the conservation and management of fishes: a meta-analytical review using the threatened green sturgeon (Acipenser medirostris) in Conservation Physiology
- Dr. Brittany Davis (recent PhD in Animal Biology) and Prof. Anne Todgham co-authored "Consequences of temperature and temperature variability on swimming activity, group structure, and predation endangered delta smelt" in Freshwater Biology: