NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations Dr. Bradley! Dr. Francine Bradley was the 57th recipient of the “Good Egg” award for her service to agriculture and the community. 700 gathered in Modesto for the “Good Egg Breakfast”. Famous past awardees include President Ronald Reagan and Max Foster (co-founder of Foster Farms).
- The Vietnamese version of our world-famous dairy ration formulation software, PCDAIRY VN 2019, developed by Abbas Ahmadi and Ermias Kebreab, has been used at the Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA) since 2017 to train more than 3,900 students in animal feeds and ruminant production courses. This software is also used to train more than 40 dairy producers in Vietnam.
- Richard Blatchford, Maja Makagon, and others published "The reliability and accuracy of palpation, radiography, and sonography for the detection of keel bone damage", In Animals, 9:894 https://www.mdpi.com/2076-2615/9/11/894/pdf
- Amy McLean, and others published, “Comparing and contrasting knowledge on mules and hinnies as a tool to comprehend their behavior and improve their welfare”. Animals, July 26, 2019, 9, 488. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31357421
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Yanhong Liu, traveled to Chicago to attend the 100th Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases. She presented a poster on “Dietary Bacillus subtilis enhances disease resistance and intestinal health of weaned pigs”.