NEWS & EVENTS
- CONGRATULATIONS Anne Todgham! She was selected to be a 2019.2020 Chancellor's Fellow. She will be able to use this designated title until July 2024! Welcome Back Anne!
- Alisha Goodbla was awarded an Academic Federation travel award to present her SHERLOCK work at the Western Division American Fisheries Society meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Maggie Creamer (PhD student in Horback Lab) was awarded the 2019 California Cattlemen's Scholarship for her research investigating personality traits and grazing distribution in rangeland cattle.
- Joshua Liu (ANS honors student in Horback Lab) was awarded a Provost's Undergraduate Fellowship for his research investigating social rank in group-housed sows.
- Happy Holidays to All! Enjoy your time with family and friends, stay safe and see you next year!
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Allen Petty presented a poster at the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning conference on campus entitled "Influence of Students Prior Animal Experience and Grouping Strategy on Student Learning in an Applied Animal Laboratory Setting—A Continuing Study" The poster was recognized as Professional's Choice -outstanding poster of conference.
- Kristina Horback and others published "Judgement bias testing in group-housed gestating sows". In Behay Processes and can be found here:
- Xiang (Crystal) Yang and others published "Characterization of the Microbial Resistome in Conventional and "Raised Without Antibiotics" Beef and Dairy Production Systems" in Frontiers in Biology and can be found here:
- Amy Mclean was quoted in Science magazine, and the article "Donkeys face worldwide existential threat" can be seen here: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/366/6471/1294.abstract
- Mandi Finger's work is highlighted in an article "The Rarest Trout in North America Makes a Comeback". The work that was done here was about how old the fish barrier might be. The article can be found here: