NEWS & EVENTS
- Welcome Alexa Tijerino! She has joined the CLEAR Center as a social media specialist. Previously, she worked in Strategic Communications on the Web and Digital Communications team and on the UC Davis podcast Unfold.
- The Horse Barn welcomed a new stallion to the Barn last Friday. "The Only Escape", also known as Earl, is a World and Congress Champion in Hunter Under Saddle events and has also sired many successful show horses. The Horse Barn is looking forward to using him as a herd stallion in our breeding program as well as standing him to the public. Earl was graciously donated to the Horse Barn by Daniel Balys of “Willow Pond Farm." See a picture of Earl below in this newsletter!
- This Saturday 1/18/2020—Aggie Classic Sale—See Flyer Below!
- The Animal Science portion of the CAES Smart Farm project took another big step toward completion this past week. A representative from HokoFarm Int'l that supplied the Insentec RIC system spent the week at the Feedlot Trail Barn completing the installation and training department members in its use and maintenance. See picture below.
- Anne Todgham co-authored a paper in San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science entitled “Review of and Recommendations for Monitoring Contaminants and their Effects in the San Francisco Bay-Delta”. The paper can be found here: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5kg548b3
- Cassandra Tucker and others published “Cooling cows with sprinklers: Effects of soaker flow rate and timing on behavioral and physiological responses to heat load production” and can be found here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022030218309780
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Anne Todgham and PhD student Mandy Frazier, presented research talks at the Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology Annual Meeting in Austin, TX.
- Sarah Klopatek was selected as a 2020 Farm Foundation Cultivator and presented her beef sustainability research in Washington, D.C.