NEWS & EVENTS
- Goat Day —This Saturday, January 25th — See information below!
- Carlyn Peterson, Jill Hagey and a non-AnSci colleague, were awardees in the “Little Bang” poster competition last night (1/23/20), here at UCD, GSM. See picture below.
- The Aggie Classic Pig, Sheep and Goat Sale was held Saturday Jan. 18th. There were over 250 in attendance to see 20 pigs, 40 lambs and 4 goats go to youth 4-H and FFA projects.
- Ravi Nagarajan, Alisha Goodbla, and Andrea Schreier co-authored a paper in PLOS One entitled "Non-invasive genetic monitoring for the threatened valley elderberry longhorn beetle." It can be found here: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0227333
- Ernie Chang Coauthored the research article “Divergent mechanisms for regulating growth and development after imaginal disc damage in the tobacco hornworm, Manduca sexta” in the Journal of Experimental Biology 222 (20) DOI: 10.1242/jeb.200352, 2019
- Juliana Candelaria and Anna Denicol published, “Characterization of isolated bovine preantral follicles based on morphology, diameter and cell number” in Zygote, January 2020. A link to the article can be found here: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/zygote/article/characterization-of-isolated-bovine-preantral-follicles-based-on-morphology-diameter-and-cell-number/F8A4B5111F3F472828FC28C9961D3437
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Food For Thought: Meatless Meat, Plant-Based Dairy and the New “Alt Proteins”, was held on January 21st in Sacramento and was organized by California Ground Breakers. Ermias Kebreab was on the panel of speakers and other attendees from the department included, Alison, Josie, Joey, Jason, Jim Oltjen and his wife Sharon, as well as other department members.