NEWS & EVENTS
- Goat Day was held on Saturday January 25th and accompanied by the grand opening of the Noel-Nordfelt Animal Science Goat Dairy and Creamery!! This year’s theme focused on talks and breakout sessions relating to the management of facilities and animals to tie in with the completion of the creamery building. More than 400 people attended as did members of the families who made the original donations for the creamery. Go Goats!!
- A big “Thank you” to the following people for the success of this event: Committee members, Elizabeth Maga, Ben Rupchis, Alda Pires, Rosie Busch, Meera Heller, Alfred Duran, Goat Barn students, Teresa Greenhut, Craig Miramontes, Naomi Oceguera, Jennifer Price, and the 2020 winter goat facility interns, the Dean’s office, and Carrie Cloud.
- Alison Van Eenennaam and others published “Epidemiology of Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) in preweaned calves on California dairies: The BRD 10K study.” Journal of Dairy Science. 102(8) 7306-7319. The article can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31202655
- Amy Mclean was interviewed for an article in “The Horse” magazine titled: “Donkey Skin Trade Threatens Welfare, Populations Worldwide”. The article can be found here:
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam, Anna Denicol and Pablo Ross spoke at the 46th Annual Meeting of the International Embryo Technology Society (IETS) in New York City, NY.
- Daniel Goszczynski, Luis Ferre (Ross Lab), Bethany Weldon and Juliana Candelaria (Denicol Lab) presented posters at the conference.