NEWS & EVENTS
- Great Job Ben and Theresa! The Goat Barn and Creamery were featured on “Good Day Sacramento” on 2/6/20. The story can be seen here: https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/02/05/uc-davis-campus-goat-creamery/
- CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Deanne Meyer! On 2/6/20, she received the 2019 Water Quality Stewardship Award from the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board. See the announcement here: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/northcoast/board_info/board_meetings/02_2020/pdf/8/200115_February_EO's_Report.pdf
- Mike Mienaltowski, Elizabeth Maga and others published “Utilizing the foal fecal microbiota to understand foal gut transitions from birth to weaning.” The article can be found here: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0216211
- Mike Miller and others published “Do genomics and sex predict migration in a partially migratory salmonid fish,Oncorhynchus mykiss?” And can be found here: https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/full/10.1139/cjfas-2018-0394#.XjyUPTFKi70
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Ravi Nagarajan and Andrea Schreier co-organized (with Richard Connon from Vet Med) an eDNA symposium sponsored by CMSI and the Delta Science Program that brought the leading experts in the study and applicationeDNA to UC Davis from January 29-30th. In person attendance of symposium was ~200 and an international audience of 100 people attended the symposium via livestream. Andrea Schreier presented a general overview of eDNA research going on at UC Davis, PhD students Ann Holmes and Thiago Sanches gave speed talks on their dissertation research, and Ravi Nagarajan co-facilitated an expert panel to synthesize the information presented into a manuscript.