NEWS & EVENTS
- Juan Medrano was featured on “CBS This Morning“ on 2/1/20 speaking about “Sequencing the Coffee Genome”. The link is found here: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/why-chemical-engineers-are-now-studying-coffee/
- The Dairy Cattle Breeding Simulation Program, DCBSP, developed by Juan Medrano, Abbas Ahmadi and others, has been used by universities nationally and internationally. Two new European universities, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, and University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, has signed up to use our word-famous online simulation system in their cattle breeding courses, this winter.
- GVL technician and soon to be PhD student Grace Auringer was awarded a travel award from the Western Division of the American Fisheries Society to attend their annual meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia, to present on her native lamprey genomics research.
- Michaiah Leal (PhD student in Animal Biology), Andrea Schreier, Joel Van Eenennaam and Anne Todgham co-authored "Diploid and triploid white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) differ in magnitude but not kinetics of physiological responses to exhaustive exercise at ambient and elevated temperatures” in the Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. You can find out morehere: https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/full/10.1139/cjfas-2019-0289#.XjmvNS2ZOuU
- Juan Medrano co-authored “Transcriptomic Profiles of Monocyte-Derived Macrophages in Response to Escherichia coli is Associated with the Host Genetics” in Scientific Reports and can be seen here: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-57089-0
- Joy Mench authored “Animal Welfare - Is Intensification the Problem?” In the Routledge Handbook of Animal Ethics.can be found here: https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/doi/10.4324/9781315105840-14
- Luis Aguiar, Kendall Hyde, Gaby Pedroza and Anna Denicol published “Heat stress impairs in vitro development of preantral follicles of cattle” in Animal Reproduction Science. The publication can be found here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378432019306815?dgcid=author
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Ed DePeters presented on his almond hull feeding trial work with Jed Asmuna and Jennifer Heguy, at the World Ag Expo.
- Deanne Meyer attended World Ag Expo with UCD Alums and a future Aggie. (See picture below)
- Dan Sehnert attended the 2020 National Cattlemen's Beef Association Annual Convention and Cattlemen's College held in San Antonio, TX Feb. 4th - 7th.